Roszdravnadzor executes the state supervision over observance of the Russian Federation legislation regarding the state supervision over quality and safety of medical practice, compliance to the procedures of healthcare provision and the standards of medical care by institutions and individual medical practitioners.
In accordance with the above Roszdravnadzor executes the following functions:
- control and supervision over compliance of quality of medical care with the established procedures of healthcare provision and standards of medical care;
- control and supervision over Roszdravnadzor territorial authorities regarding to compliance with procedures for healthcare provision and standards of medical care;
- participation in development of amendments to legislative acts of the Russian Federation, draft decisions, orders, recommendations and guidelines;
- participats in development of proposals on healthcare provision in accordance with the established procedures and standards of the Russian Federation;
- participates in creation of information systems and databases for control and supervision in healthcare;
- participates in organization of scientific conferences and seminars dedicated to observation of the procedures of healthcare provision and standards of medical care;
- Involved in international cooperation in the area of healthcare and social protection of the population;
- monitors and analyses local healthcare authorities of the constituent entities of the Russian Federation execution of the procedures of healthcare provision and standards of medical care;
- holds appointments, provides timely and thorough review of citizens verbal and written complains, inquiries of government authorities, local authorities, legal entities and responds within the timeframe specified by the legislation.