Under the current legislation of the Russian Federation Roszdravnadzor is implementing the state supervision of quality and safety of medical practice:
- observance of citizens’ rights to healthcare by government bodies, local authorities, state non-budgetary funds, medical and pharmaceutical institutions, as well as individual medical and pharmaceutical practitioners;
- monitoring of reliability of primary statistics presented by medical institutions and individual medical practitioners.
In accordance with the above Roszdravnadzor performs the following functions:
- receives and reviews citizens inquires regarding quality and safety of medical practices;
- carrying out unscheduled on-site inspections of quality and safety of medical practices on the basis of analysis of citizens inquires;
- performance of unscheduled paperwork audit of quality and safety of medical practice on the basis of analysis of citizens inquires;
- processing the results obtained during inspections and audits, improvement notes and reports in accordance with the legislation of the Russian Federation;
- participates in revision of laws and regulations related to the state control over observance of citizens’ rights regarding availability and quality of medical care, actively involved in preparation of proposals to amend existing legal acts, regulating availability and quality of medical care
- prepares reports and analysis based of the results of executing the state function of overseeing the observance of the citizens’ rights regarding availability and quality of medical care;
- coordinates organization of theme-based exhibition, series of advanced training of medical practitioners in accordance with an established plan, including workshops, seminars and conferences held during theme-based exhibitions;
- reviews inquires, proposals and complains made by citizens, institutions and organizations, replies to inquires of legal entities and individuals, holds appointments regarding observance of citizens’ rights in healthcare.